A super healthy and delicious pesto – this 5 minute pistachio pesto is made with fresh basil and pistachios for a versatile sauce to go with breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Gluten free, paleo, whole30 compliant, and vegan!
- 1 large box of basil – about 3 ounces or 1 1/2 cups
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup olive oil
- Add all ingredients to your food processor and process until mostly smooth. Start with about 1/3 cup of olive oil and add more as needed, until a desired consistency is reached. You want your pesto to run smoothly through the food processor but not be too oily that it no longer appears to be a cohesive sauce.
- Taste for salt and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve immediately or store in a jar topped with a little bit of olive oil for up to 5 days in the refrigerator!
- I love basil as the primary herb in this recipe, but if you want to make this pesto without basil – parsley, spinach, dill, and kale would all be delicious options. You could also mix and match some with your favorite greens and herbs to make your own personal pesto blend!
- This pesto will keep for up to 5 or 6 days in a covered jar or container in the refrigerator. To keep it looking nice and green, pour a little layer of olive oil over the top before storing. This keeps the air out of the pesto and prevents it from oxidizing and turning brown.
- If you want to add cheese for a little bit of extra salty umami character, 1/4 cup of parmesan or pecorino cheese would both be delicious.
- Category: sauce
- Method: food processor
Keywords: basil, pesto, pistachio, food processor, garlic, olive oil