This asian pear and walnut salad with a maple mustard vinaigrette is fall salad DREAMS. Made with tender salad greens, thinly sliced asian pear, toasted walnuts, sweet pomegranate seeds, and a zippy maple mustard vinaigrette that you’ll want to put on everything.
- 1 5 oz pack of organic salad greens
- 1 asian pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon avocado or olive oil
- big pinch of sea salt
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add avocado oil, walnuts and a big pinch of sea salt. Toast, stirring frequently, until slightly darkened and fragrant. Keep a close eye on them as they can burn quickly! Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar or bowl and shake or whisk together until well combined.
- Assemble greens, sliced asian pear and pomegranate arils in a large bowl.
- Roughly chop walnuts and add to the top of the salad. Pour dressing over everything and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately!
- If you want to make this salad the main event / a little more substantial, the addition of some cooked quinoa, or protein would work great. You can also swap the tender greens out for hearty, nutrient dense kale. If you decide to go the kale route, add the dressing to the raw kale pieces BEFORE you add any of the other ingredients. Massage the kale until tender for a minute or so, then add the pear, pomegranate and walnuts and toss together before serving.
- This makes 4 servings if the salad is being served alongside some other dishes. If you want a larger portion / to make this your main dish I would plan to serve 2 people with this recipe.