This bacon wrapped chicken recipe is made with with chicken breasts, sugar free bacon, and a flavorful spice rub. Baked in the oven until the bacon is perfectly crisp and the chicken is cooked to PERFECTION. Extra juicy, tender, and so flavorful. Plus it’s easy to make and perfect for the whole family! Whole30, paleo, keto friendly, and gluten free!
- 2 large chicken breasts – about 1 – 1 1/2 pounds worth
- 4–6 strips of regular cut Whole30 compliant bacon (thick cut won’t properly cook by the time the chicken is done)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine sea salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Sprinkle evenly over chicken breasts until thoroughly coated with spice mixture.
- Transfer spiced chicken breasts to a large cutting board. Wrap each chicken breast tightly in 2-3 pieces of bacon (depending on the size of your chicken breasts), keeping the ends on the bottom as much as possible. Keeping the ends of the bacon tucked under the bottom of the chicken breasts will prevent them from shrinking away from the chicken.
- Whisk together coconut aminos and dijon mustard in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Heat a large oven safe skillet over medium heat. When hot, add chicken seam side down. Cook for 3 minutes, until the bottom of the chicken breast is starting to caramelize. Brush each bacon wrapped chicken breast with the coconut amino mixture, and top with some cracked black pepper. Transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, basting occasionally with the bacon drippings, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- For some extra crispy brown bits on you can broil the chicken breasts for a minute or two before pulling from the oven.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5-6 minutes and thinly sliced before serving.
- Category: dinner
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: Whole30
Keywords: chicken, bacon, whole30, paleo, low carb, keto, dinner, healthy, protein, cast iron