an easy recipe for pizza with broccolini, red onion, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- 1 bunch broccolini, slice thicker stalks in half
- 1 batch store bought or homemade pizza dough
- 1/4 of a small red onion thinly sliced into rings
- 4 tbs grated parmesan
- 1 3/4 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbs cornmeal
- 1 tbs olive oil
- a few pinches of salt
- black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic granules
- preheat oven to 500.
- ideally, bring pizza dough to room temperature before beginning.
- while dough is coming to room temperature slice broccolini (if the stalks are thick), bring a large pot of salted water to boil, and fill a large bowl with ice water.
- boil broccolini for 2 minutes until crisp tender. move to ice water to stop the cooking. once cool, lay out to dry on a kitchen towel.
- spread cornmeal on baking sheet. press dough into a long oval shape, being careful to lift every once and awhile to assure that the dough isn’t sticking to the pan. if it keeps stretching back leave it alone for about 10 minutes so the gluten can relax, and then try again.
- spread 1 tablespoon olive oil, a few pinches of salt, 1/4 tsp garlic granules and black pepper on dough and bake by itself in the oven for about 4 minutes.
- take out of the oven and sprinkle with parmesan, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and chili flakes. layer with red onion slices, broccolini and finish with another 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- bake another 10-14 minutes, until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Category: dinner, pizza, easy
- Cuisine: vegetarian