These dark chocolate blueberry almond ice cream cups are gluten free and vegan – made with your favorite non dairy ice cream, the BEST only-slightly-sweet chocolate from Rawmio, almond butter, blueberries, and salty toasted almonds for a mouth-watering combo that will knock you off your feet!
- about 2 oz dark chocolate + 1 oz more for drizzling on top
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped + more for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pint of your favorite flavor of non dairy ice cream
- about 3/4 cup blueberries – frozen or fresh
- flaky sea salt for garnish
- Line a 6 muffin tin pan with muffin liners.
- Take the pint of vanilla ice cream out of the freezer and set it on the counter to soften slightly.
- Melt 2 oz of dark chocolate with 1/4 cup almond butter and stir until smooth. Mix in 1/4 cup chopped almonds and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt.
- Divide chocolate and almond butter mixture evenly among muffin liners.
- Next top with the blueberries, also dividing evenly.
- Once ice cream has softened enough to easily scoop, top chocolate and blueberries with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, and as you scoop, slightly press the ice cream down so the chocolate runs up the sides of the liners.
- Move to the freezer to set.
- Allow to freeze for at least an hour, or up to overnight.
- Once frozen, drizzle with the extra 1 oz of melted dark chocolate, and top with more chopped almonds and flaky sea salt.
- Return to the freezer briefly to set the melted dark chocolate.
- The texture of the ice cream cups is best if you leave them to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving.