the perfect summer (or any season!) sauce for all your drizzling needs!
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 5–6 green onions
- 1 small bunch of cilantro or about 1/2 cup – tough stems removed (the tender stems can be included)
- zest and juice of one lime*
- 1/2 cup plain whole fat yogurt
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- a generous pinch of smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- heat a cast iron skillet to med-high, or preheat your broiler to high setting.
- wash and dry the jalapeños and green onions. roots of green onions can be removed now or after charring.
- add to pan/broiler, and turn every so often for a deep, even charring. you may need to remove green onions before jalapeños.
- set aside and let cool.
- once cool enough to handle remove the roots of the green onions if you have not already. remove stems from jalapeños and most of the seeds (leave more if you like really spicy spicy).
- put charred onions and peppers into the food processor along with remaining ingredients.
- process until smooth.
- taste, and add more vinegar/honey/s&p if desired.
- can be thinned with a little water if the consistency is too thick.
*I always try to use organic produce, but it’s a must in my book when you’re using the skin of produce like this lime zest here.