How to make cashew cream sauce! The easiest, tastiest dairy substitute with endless flavor possibilites and applications!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- boiling water for soaking cashews
- 1/2 – 3/4 cups just boiled water for blending to make the cashew cream
- Soak cashews in boiling water for at least 1 hour, or up to over night.
- Drain cashews and rinse well with cold running water until water runs clear.
- Add to a high speed blender or food processor with about 1/2 – 3/4 cup just boiled water – or just enough to almost cover the cashews. If you want your cashew cream on the thicker side (if you’re going to be using it for dips or sauces), start with less water and add more if needed.
- Blend on high, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed, and adding more water until a very smooth texture is reached.
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: dairy free, vegan, paleo