I’m going to show you how to make THE best tropical green smoothie. We’re using nutrient dense kale, green apple, pineapple, ginger, lemon juice, and coconut milk. Besides being super tasty it is also 100% gluten free, vegan, paleo friendly, and naturally sweetened.
- 4 or 5 ice cubes
- 1/2 small green apple, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup packed green kale or spinach
- 1 banana
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- tiny pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup water (depending on desired consistency)
- hemp seeds + banana slices for garnish (optional)
- Add a few pieces of ice to your blender along with the rest of the ingredients (except hemp seeds and banana slices to garnish if using) and blend everything UP! Vitamix recommends adding the ice and harder-to-blend ingredients first so they are closest to the blades. Then the blades can grab onto those ingredients first and you won’t end up with any weird chunks in your smoothie.
- Depending on your blender you may need to use a tamper, or add a tiny bit of extra water at a time to get things moving smoothly.
- Pour into 2 glasses, garnish with hemp seeds and sliced banana and serve!
- This recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to drink for about 24 hours.
- Category: smoothie
- Method: blended
- Cuisine: healthy
Keywords: smoothie, kale, spinach, healthy, blender, vitamix, brunch, tropical, pineapple