Mexican roasted cauliflower might just become your new favorite veggie side dish. Cauliflower florets tossed with some flavorful spices and roasted until crispy and caramelized, served with a healthy squeeze of lime juice, cilantro, red onion, and maybe even some avocado for good measure. Gluten free, paleo, vegan, AND whole30 friendly!
for the cauliflower
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets (mine was about 2 1/2 pounds – if you’re using a smaller cauliflower, reduce the amount of avocado oil, salt, and spices every so slightly. You can always add more salt after it’s done cooking)
- about 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon back pepper
To finish the dish:
- red or green onion
- fresh lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss cauliflower florets with avocado oil, dried spices, and salt + pepper. Make sure the spices look pretty well distributed.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat and roast for about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip cauliflower so it can brown evenly, and roast another 10-12 minutes or so, until tender, crisp on the edges, and nice and caramelized.
- Remove from the oven and serve topped with fresh cilantro, red or green onion and lime wedges + avocado for some extra healthy fat!