No bake birthday cake energy bites that are easy to make and also healthy!? Yes please! These easy little snack bites are made with only 9 ingredients that you probably already have on hand in your pantry. Making these an easy make-at-home treat for adults or kids! They are vegan, gluten free, naturally sweetened, and paleo friendly. You can easily cut the recipe in half to make a smaller batch.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor except for hot water and organic sprinkles.
- Process until a thick dough forms, stopping to scrape down the sides if needed. If it’s too thick to process and there’s still quite a few larger pieces of cashews or dates add just boiled water 1 tablespoon at a time until a dough forms.
- Once dough is fully formed, pulse in about 2 tablespoons of organic sprinkles.
- Roll into 1 inch sized energy bites. Pour remaining sprinkles onto a plate and roll each energy bite in sprinkles to coat. Move to the refrigerator to chill.
- I have tested the recipe with both almond butter and cashew butter, and either one works!
- This recipe makes about 18 1-inch sized energy bites, but it can easily be cut in half to make a smaller batch.
- Store these energy bites in the refrigerator for up to 10 days, or in the freezer for up to a month. For a firmer texture they can be enjoyed directly from the freezer!
- Rolling the energy bites in extra sprinkles is optional, but gives them a super fun look! If you don’t have enough sprinkles you could also roll them in chopped nuts or coconut.
- Category: snack
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: healthy
Keywords: birthday, energy bites, food processor, treat, dessert, vegan, paleo, gluten free, naturally sweetened, sprinkles