Paleo pimiento cashew cheese dip is the perfect whole food + dairy free swap for a southern classic!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups marinated cherry peppers (pimiento peppers – can usually be found at your grocery stores anti pasta bar)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce (optional, or to taste)
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- vegetables, chips or crackers for serving
- In a heat proof bowl, cover cashews with boiling water and let sit for at least 40 minutes, but up to several hours or overnight.
- Drain cashews and add to the food processor along with marinated cherry peppers, 2 tbsp hot water, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, olive oil, salt and hot sauce.
- Process for several minutes, stopping every so often to scrape down the sides until very smooth.
- Taste, adjust salt/vinegar if desired and serve with all the things to dip!
- Can also be made using a high speed blender. This option may require a little more boiling water/olive oil to get the motor running smoothly.
- Will last about 5-6 days in the refrigerator.